Day 1

 Hi! Today was my first full day in Japan! I figured I would update this every night before I go to bed. But I realize it’s like 5 am for you guys lol. Anyways, my first day was awesome! For breakfast we had rice, sunny side up eggs, miso soup, and natto. Natto is a traditional breakfast item and its basically very sticky beans. I didnt really like them but it was okay. I helped clean up and then me and my host dad, kyohei, went exploring the town! He renovates houses so he showed me his current project and another house he did. I may be able to help him paint some of the house! After that we went to a small shop in town to get dango 🍡 and we stopped at a convenience store. It was really cool, they had a lot of things. Then we went home and had some noodles for lunch. At about 1:50, kyohei and I went to catch a bus to the train station. We took the train to togane train station and went to go see my school! I got a uniform for school and toured it. It was a very nice and big school. I am very excited to go there tomorrow. My host mom, Shoko, and I have been working on my introduction to the students and staff. Im very nervous for my introduction lol. We met there with another student on a similar scholarship and we toured with them. I was also able to borrow a uniform from the school and it fits pretty good! We cane home and had dinner with Shoko and Harumi (the baby). He was sick and he had his yearly checkup today but he is feeling a lot better now. Kyohei made the most delicious dinner: Beef curry and rice. The curry wasnt too spicy and it was just amazing. I helped clean up and watched Halu while Kyohei went to move his car. I am now writing this as I lay in bed, watching the sun set over the houses. I will post pictures from today. Anyways goodnight!  





 

Comments

  1. Mar!! This is so awesome! Please keep posting and sending updates!
    I hope you have the most amazing time ever!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Day

Day 2