Day 7

Hello! It’s officially been 1 week since I got here! Its been a great time so far :). Today I went to to school again and had the dreaded PE class today. PE wasnt too bad because we had a skills test. My PE class is volleyball so it was very easy. I’m very surprised about how many teachers make an effort to include me in class! In one of our Japanese class, I don’t know what is going on and the teacher likes to print things off in english or he writes questions in english for me to answer. Today he used google translate to make me a worksheet of 4 questions. He asked “How do you perceive others? What do you want to learn about Japanese culture and why? What world issues are you interested in the most? Describe characteristics of your school in america.” So I answered it during work time. He then read me some traditional Japanese poetry and asked a student to help translate it. My history teacher is very encouraging, which is very surprising because a lot of students said they dont like him. The students had a test today and they had to map out  and label the ancient prefectures of Japan. He gave me a map and a textbook and let me copy down the answers. It was really hard characters so I did my best and only got through 4 or 5 of them. He was very impressed though. I get to give a presentation in english class too! Anyways, my friend from PE is very good at volleyball so I asked her if she was on the team. Turns out shes in the Traditional Japanese Tea Ceremony club and invited me to come with her! Stef and I met her in the hall after school and went to the club with her. On the way she told us that her dad was from Philadelphia and that she had visited america and her favorite american dish is steak. She showed us around the club and introduced us to the teacher. After talking to the teacher, a little old japanese lady, we found out that she spoke spanish and had visited Peru! She is so awesome! We were speaking in spanish for a little while. After that she showed us the traditional way to accept and drink traditional matcha tea. IT WAS SO GOOD. My first matcha of the trip and it was sooooo good. After that I went home and had dinner with my host family. I am so tired so I am going to sleep now. Goodnight 😊





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1

Travel Day

Day 2